Statements & Press Releases
- Appeal to all citizens in Burma for fraternal and peaceful coexistence 25 March 2013
Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) gravely concerns about the outbreak of sectarian violent conflict in Meiktila since 20 March 2013. It is imperative for all citizens of Burma, regardless of race and belief, to be united for development of the country.
Burma is a country of multi-races and ...
- YNS Statement regarding Recent Tensions between Local Communities and Government-backed Mining Projects in Mongwa district 14 September 2012
YNS extends the strongest possible support to the protesters who have been active since the 23rd of August and have faced stern repression from state security forces. YNS is concerned to see that:
– The government has failed to listen to the concerns of the local communities affected by mining developments.
- Statement on Conflicts in Arakan State 10 June 2012
First of all, Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) join with all citizens in Arankan State in offering our grave concern on the current conflicts in some townships in Arakan State including Bu-thee-daung, Maung-daw, Sittwe and Taung-gote, and as be members of their family, is saddened for victims of ...
- A young Burmese takes the post of Vice-President of International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY) Media Release: Mae Sod, Thailand; 22 April 2012
The Chair of Youth for a New Society (YNS), a youth organization of Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) is elected as Vice-President of International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY) responsible for Asia-Pacific region. Naw Maybel Htoo, an ethnic Karen of Burma, was ...
- The result of by-elections is a triumph of NLD and the people of Burma 2 April 2012
Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) praises the overwhelming victory of National League for Democracy (NLD) at the by-elections held on 1 April 2012, and views that this is not only a triumph of NLD and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi but also of all the people of Burma.
- Statement on Worker Strike in Rangoon, Burma 22 February 2012
Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) fully supports the workers who have been striking for two weeks at Tai-Yi Shoe Factory in Hlaing-Thar-Yar industrial zone in Rangoon and who are courageously demanding basic labour rights, including better wages.
DPNS strongly denounces the employer’s reactions, such as forcing strikers out from ...
- Young activists for democracy in Burma collectively formed The Youth for a New Society 3 February 2012
Youth for a New Society is formed by young activists aiming at achieving freedom, equality and solidarity of all the people of Burma. The founding members view that all the people of Burma have been confronted with oppressions by successive ruling regimes, various forms of social and economic exploitations and discriminations ...
- DPNS received an invitation from the government’s minister U Aung Min for an informal talk 20 January 2012
The Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) received yesterday an official invitation for an informal talk with U Aung Min, the Presidential representative of the current Burmese government. In principle, the party agrees to meet with the government representative, but any detail on this regard has yet to ...
- STATEMENT ON THE 23RD BIRTHDAY OF DEMOCRATIC PARTY FOR A NEW SOCIETY (DPNS) October 14, 2011
We, DPNS, fully support Daw Aung San Suu Kyi for her initiative toward democratic opening and national reconciliation. We expect the release of the political prisoners and immediate ceasefires to pave the way to greater progress.”
Today marks the 23rd anniversary of the founding of the Democratic Party for a ...
- DPNS published a report on the crisis of Burma’s politics of ceased-fires 16 September 2011
An analytical report in Burmese titled ‘Profound Crisis between Burma’s newly-set government and ethnic nationalities’ is produced by the Research and Study Centre of Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS). The report made an analysis on the unique situation of Burma’s politics of ceased-fires lasting more than 20 ...
- DPNS Letter in Solidarity to Arbeidernes Ungodomsfylking (AUF) of Norway To
Comrade Eskil Pedersen
Arbeidernes Ungodomsfylking (AUF)
Postboks 8863 Youngstorget
2A 0028 Oslo
Date: 25th July 2011
We are so shocked to learn of the terror attack at your AUF camp and the bomb blast in Oslo which caused so many deaths. We, part of Burma’s pro-democracy movement and ...
- DPNS strongly denounces the warning letter to NLD by Home Affairs Ministry 30 June 2011
1. On 28 June 2011 the state-owned newspapers in Burma reported that the Home Affairs Ministry had sent a warning letter to the National League for Democracy (NLD) regarding the functioning of the NLD offices nationwide and their activities, including meetings with diplomats and officials from foreign governments and international ...
- An Appeal to all political forces of Burma, both inside and in exile, by the Central Leading Committee of Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) August 8, 2009
“the one voice among all political forces inside and in exile being heard is imperative.”
To: All political forces of Burma, both inside and in exile,
We pay due respect to all of those who sacrificed their lives and those who have committed to the movement for democracy for more than 20 years.
- Press Statement of Extraordinary Meeting of Central Committee July 26, 2009
”We must resolutely prepare ourselves to confront and overcome the challenges ahead”
Aung Moe Zaw, Chairperson
The extraordinary meeting of Central Committee of Democratic Party for a New Society (DPNS) was held on the Thai-Burmese border from 20 to 24 July 2009. At the meeting, the participants analysed the current political ...
- Press statement on news of a foreigner allegedly entering Daw Aung San Suu Kyi’s compound in Rangoon May 8, 2009
“the responsibility for negative consequence from lack of her security rests totally with the SPDC government.”
1. The Myanmar Ahlin, a state-controlled newspaper in Burma reported that the authorities arrested a foreigner in the Inya Lake of Rangoon early Wednesday while he was returning from the secretly ...